Sunday, May 24, 2015

Doodle City, Doo Wah Ditty.  Once again, tiny 4 x 6 in. max.   Sky, stars, land.   Gouache added later to intensify the color and adjust the hues.   Gouache is the added medium.  2015 



Below is a doodle with something like first Snow int he Mountains written in pencil on the bottom.    approx. 4 x 6 in.    2015.   
It was a cold cold winter in the DC area the year I moved to Maryland after 9 years away, (2015 January, record 4 degrees F the day we moved my stuff into my apt. )
not at all sure I wanted to be there, but family is a the magnet,  2 daughters still live in the area and one grand.   As God would have it my son is assigned to the Pentagon, putting 3 of my 4 in the DC area at once.   I am amazed.  

Another doodle thinking of snow coming in the winter.   4 x 6 in.
oops, this is not a doodle after all.   And it is not snow either.   This is a sketch done in Maine, I believe at Birch Point Beach State Park.  It just looked like snow and was right next to the above snow sketch.  I'm sure it was unfinished, because the sand up there is NOT white.  I was working on the colors in the sky and water and rocks.....2014 summer.

Just colors and tree and landscape.   4  x 6 in.  I think the one below is out of my head. 2014

No comments: