Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Pair of Florida Sketches

 View from Oak Village Parking Lot in a Storm
approx. 4 x 6 in.
I love this little sketch.  I had come to the pool where I swam daily with my paints, thinking I would sit by the pool and sketch before swimming laps.   When I opened my car door, there was a huge crack of thunder and I jumped right back into the car.   I waited for a few minutes to see if the storm would roll over but it carried on, so I painted the sun coming through the downpour and the wet pavement.   It did not turn out realistic, but I like what it is.  It is a good memory as well.
View from The Lakehouse on Gospel Island Road in Inverness, FL
about 4 x 6 in.
I was on the stone bench down near the lake's edge.  My friend Cathy, who runs the lakehouse was inside.   It was hot that day and my new puppy was with me, I think.  That is Cathy's boat that she loves to take out and she has graciously let me go out with her a few times.

No comments: